20 Things I Learnt and Experienced in 2020
19 Jan 2021
20 things I learnt and experienced in 2020 (which I otherwise might have overlooked in a normal year).
- Shit can hit the roof tomorrow. Make the most of today. Take nothing for granted.
- What doesn’t kill you (twin surgeries during the lockdown), does makes you stronger.
- The world is run by software. The traditional office and 9-5 is overrated. You can reclaim a lot of time by working remotely.
- You can get through life by studying Stoicsm.
- Living and remote working from another country is refreshing.
- You don’t need to go to the gym to workout.
- Never ever re-think or put off a travel plan.
- Learning new skills (programming languages, app dev) is therapeutic.
- Reading can take you to places even in a lockdown.
- Kids can inspire you in tough times.
- Personal connection is real. Never put off meeting a friend.
- Adaptability is our greatest strength.
- Being alone with your thoughts for extended time is hard.
- Journaling is calming.
- Mental health is more important than our physical health.
- Not being able to do a lot of things is actually quite humbling.
- A strong support system can get you through the toughest of challenges.
- You are stronger than you think you are.
- In times of need people are inherently, extremely helpful.
- It is what it is.